CARMEL FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES EXPANDED PITCH PROGRAM
CIFF Partners with Hightail to Award Winning Project $5,000
Carmel, CA — Sep 10, 2015 – The Carmel International Film Festival announced today its expanded Pitch Program, sponsored by Hightail, a file sharing and creative collaboration service for professionals. The Pitch Program will take place over two days, with a select group of filmmakers given the chance to present their projects to a highly-qualified panel of investors, with the winner receiving the $5,000 Hightail Award on Saturday, October 24. The two days will consist of a Speed Round on Friday, October 23 for semi-finalists selected from submissions. Each project will “pitch” to three industry specialists jockeying for a ticket to the finals. On Saturday, those juried finalists will present their projects, followed by a lively grilling from our panel of investors and industry insiders. The final judging panel will determine each project’s viability, and ultimately, the opportunity for funding. The live audience will also be casting their votes.
“Due to the incredible popularity of this program, we have expanded the process into a two day program,” stated President and Founder, Thomas Burns. “We are opening up submissions to more filmmakers giving them the opportunity to get in front of our panel. And the program works!” Burns went on to say, “Through the connections established at last year’s pitch panel, one of our finalists found funding that helped her finish her film.”
PROGRAM DETAILS AND PROCEDURES:
Open submissions September 10 through September 30; there is no fee to submit.
Formats for submission: Feature Film, Documentary Film, and Original Content for web
To submit: Go to Hightail Spaces at www.hightailspaces.com, create a free account and then create a Space with your submission.
Please include the following in your Space:
- A Word Doc or PDF with a brief synopsis of the project (under 50 words);
- The status of film (marketing, production, distribution, etc);
- Trailer or promotional video (mov or mp4) optional;
Please do not include financing goals.
Once your Space is complete with all this content, click the SHARE button and within the Hightail space email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be made through Hightail Spaces and agree to festival terms/conditions.
Up to 30 filmmakers will be selected from applications in advance of the Speed Round.
Friday, October 23 –Speed Round
- Think speed dating! Each semi-finalist will present their project 3 times at a rapid pace to individual groups/investors/industry judges. The presentation will be 2 minutes, with 2 minutes for questions and input from the screener. Format can be any combination of film clip and presentation, but please do not include financing goals.
- 8-10 filmmakers will be selected to present to the Pitch Panel.
Saturday, October 24 – Pitch Panel for Selected Finalists
- 6-minute pitch (including film clip) followed by 4 min Q&A by panel. Presentations will be held in a public forum with a live audience.
- The 30 filmmakers who will be participating in the Pitch Panel and the festival will receive a FREE 3 month subscription to Hightail to continue their creative collaboration.
- The selected 30 filmmakers will receive two filmmakers’ credentials to the Festival valid October 21-25, 2015. These credentials will give the filmmakers access to all films and a number of events.
CIFF does not cover any travel expenses.
No guarantee of funding beyond the $5,000 Hightail Award.
In order to comply with securities law restrictions, please do not discuss the amount you are raising or the security being offered. You can follow up privately with the panel regarding the terms of any specific investment.
The Carmel International Film Festival takes place Wednesday, October 21 – Sunday, October 25, 2015 and expects to draw attendees from across the globe.
Hightail pioneered the cloud file sharing service used by more than 45 million professionals around the world. Founded in 2004 as YouSendIt, the service originally provided a simple way to send large files. Hightail has since expanded into solutions for creative collaboration with Hightail Spaces, powering the creative process from concept to completion. Based in Campbell, CA, the company has approximately 100 employees and, in 2014, reported revenues of more than $50 million. Learn more at www.hightail.com.